14 6 / 2012
So, are you familiar with the self-serviced dashboard? Now, get to know how to upload your product and how to get it approved faster.
• Catchy Title: Give a short and an attractive product name. For an extra neat and appealing look, you can use sentence or title casing. Make sure you give a uniform look throughout your store.
• Detailed Description: A great product description can actually help selling your product faster than ever. Wondering how to describe your product? Just think about how you felt when you created the product. Express that in words! Coz, there is no-one who can explain them better than you. If you can add some fun or quirky element to it, you can become the next top seller of Shopo.
• Precise Specification: Have you ever thought from the customer’s perspective? They might like a particular earring for instance, but can be very skeptical about the material they are made of or the way they are to be preserved. Now, keep your users happy by giving them these extra details. There are also separate fields for height, width, depth, and weight too.
• Select the Right Category: Adding the product to the right category provides better visibility in the site’s search. If you have any confusion on adding the right category, you can browse through our categories or use the search option in the self serviced dashboard.
• Eye-Catching Images: A picture is worth a thousand words. Take eye catching pictures and upload them for better sales. In Shopo, the standard size of the image is 400 * 400 pixels as it provides a detailed and bigger view of the same.
• Tags: Make your product search engine friendly by giving tags. Your ideal tags should be from 75 to 100 characters with SEO rich keywords.
•Meta Description: Give a snippet of your product description with 200 to 250 words with at least one or two SEO keywords.
What are you waiting for? Upload the products and happy selling :)
15 5 / 2012
“An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one.” - Charles Horton Cooley
We at Shopo are totally with Mr. Cooley on this one! Precisely why we created this marketplace, for everything with an Indian heart. And now, selling on Shopo is becoming much more simpler… :)
With that, we give you a great welcome into the Shopo family. Words can’t describe the excitement to work with you. Running your storefront on Shopo is not so tough. It can be really simple once you get the basics right.
We wanted to make your lives easier, by giving the control to your hands. As a result, Shopo self serviced dashboard was engineered. You can manage your own store, products, vacations, requests, and also orders and their payment reports. Read on and get started.
Existing seller: Do you sell with us already? Then your self serviced dashboard is all set to use. A small tip, the dashboard works super-fast on chrome. If you, for some reason hate chrome, you can use recent versions of Internet Explorer (above version 7) or Mozilla Firefox (above version 3.5). You can log in with the e-mail ids which will be sent to you along with the link to set your password.
Home Screen: Once you log in, we have a surprise for you. For the first time ever, you can view how exactly your store is performing on Shopo. You yourself can see the first hand visitor analytics and traffic details that are displayed just below the quick links to orders, reports, products, and support. You can export them for your future reference in multiple formats. Any recent activities such as people who favourited your shop, followers, other updates, and orders will be also be seen. Most importantly, you can get to know how many people are drooling over your products which have been sold out already and keep them informed of stock updates. Please view this video to know more.
Managing the Store: Fiddled around the dashboard home screen and became an expert? Next, is store management where you can control the information that goes on your store such as bio, social media profiles, seller picture, policies, and logo. You can also now switch on and off the vacation mode as per your convenience. Want to know more? Please view this video.
Managing the Product: Now that your store is set, we can move on to uploading your interesting products. Again, if you are our existing seller your products will be listed under the ‘My Products’ menu. You can search your existing products with their names or SKU. You can add the products, edit, delete, or preview the product webpage. You can check whether your product has been approved or is in pending state. For more information, view this video.
Order Management: Now that you have added your products, your inbox and self-serviced dashboard will be piled up with orders of your wonderful creations. You can track them effortlessly in the ‘View All Orders Option’ in ‘My Orders’ menu. Once the order has reached the concerned person, it is time to reap the benefits of your hard work and get paid. You can track the status of current and previous payments easily using the ‘Payment report option’ under the ‘Reports’ menu. (PLEASE NOTE: You can view the payment report of orders which are placed after April 10th only.) Also, instead of mailing your airway bill numbers to us, you can update them by yourselves in the self serviced dashboard. If you need more information, view this video.
That’s it you are done. Please refer our support panel, incase if you need more information. We keep updating on the FAQ’s and how to videos.
Happy Shopo-ing People :)